BAREILLY: A couple died due to suffocation after they reportedly left the gas heater in their room on all night. Their 4-month-old son, who was sleeping in the same room, is battling for his life at a private hospital in UP’s Sambhal district, police said.
The incident, which was reported from Akroli village under the limits of Baniather police station, came into light on Saturday morning when the couple, identified as Mohd Salman (28) and his wife Mehraj Begum (23), and their son Masoom did not come out of their room.
Alarmed by it, the family broke the door and found them lying in an unconscious condition. They were rushed to the hospital where despite various efforts the doctors could not revive the couple but managed to save their son who is still critical.
Salman’s father Allahabaksh said, “It was quite cold on Friday so my son turned on the heater to keep my grandson warm. When he didn’t open the door of his room till 10 am on Saturday, we broke it. I wish we had opened the door earlier, maybe we could have saved them.” SHO Baniather police station Mukesh Kumar Singh said, “The toxic gas from the heater led to the death of the couple. Since it was an accident, the family has refused to lodge any complaint and the bodies have been handed over to them.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.