BAREILLY: A man, in his early 20s, who had allegedly stolen a mobile phone in the Delhi-bound ‘14205’ Ayodhya Cantt-Old Delhi Express was mercilessly beaten and thrown off the moving train on Friday night.
He died after his head hit an overhead line pole near Tilhar railway station in Shahjahanpur.
A day after the incident, police have recovered a 66-second video — purportedly shot by a passenger travelling in the same compartment — in which several people could be seen laughing and assaulting the man.
One of the passengers, identified as Narendra Dubey, could be then seen abusing and pushing him out of the general compartment even as the man was begging for his life.
Police on Sunday said a woman passenger complained about her missing mobile phone near Shahjahanpur railway station.
The phone was allegedly recovered from a man, believed to have boarded the train from Lucknow, and the mob then thrashed him for nearly half an hour and threw him out. His mutilated body was later found on the track.
He had a deep wound on his head and one of his legs was severed. Dubey was arrested at Bareilly railway station by GRP constables Satyaveer Singh, Lokendra Singh and Naushad Ali following an FIR registered under IPC section 302 (murder) on a complaint of one of them. SHO (GRP-Bareilly) Vinod Kumar said, “An FIR has been registered in Bareilly. Since the incident was reported in Tilhar area of Shahjahanpur district, we have transferred the case to Tilhar police station.”
SHO of Tilhar police station, Rajkumar Sharma, meanwhile, told TOI, “The autopsy report stated that he died of ante-mortem injuries. We have taken the viral video into consideration and more names may be added to the list of accused following a thorough investigation. The accused man has been sent to jail.”
“Despite all our efforts, we are unable to identify the victim… We have shared his picture in nearby districts and expect to know his identity soon,” said Sharma.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.